Dustin C. CarterWe Service Alexandria and the Entire State of Louisiana
Louisiana Complex Litigation Lawyer
Dustin C. Carter – Complex Litigation Attorney
Dustin C. Carter is a member of Neblett, Beard & Arsenault’s Mass Tort and Complex Litigation Group. His litigation focus has been on defective medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs, toxic torts (mesothelioma), and consumer class actions. Dustin is an active member of the Plaintiff Trial Team in the DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation in Dallas, TX (MDL 2244), as well as a member of the Plaintiff Trial Team in the Anders et al v. Medtronic, Inc. action pending in St. Louis, Missouri. Dustin helped litigate and participated in three multi-plaintiff bellwether trials in the DePuy Pinnacle MDL, which resulted in jury verdicts totaling more than $1.75 billion. In addition, Dustin participated in the Actos (Pioglitazone) Products Liability Litigation (Actos MDL) and the Remington Arms Defective Trigger Class Action litigation. Dustin is also actively involved in representing a variety of municipalities and governmental entities in connection with the national Opioid Litigation currently pending in the Northern District of Ohio (MDL 2804).
A native of central Louisiana, Dustin attended Louisiana College, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration with magna cum laude honors in May 2012. In May 2015, Dustin graduated from Mississippi College School of Law in Jackson, Mississippi, with magna cum laude honors, earning his Juris Doctor degree and Certificate in Civil Law Studies. During his law school tenure, Dustin served as the Chief Executive Editor of the Law Review, Internal Competition Problem Editor, Brief Writer and Advocate for the Moot Court Board, two-term Senator-at-Large of the Law Student Bar Association, active member of Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society—Keady Inn Chapter, and active member of the MC Law Civil Law Society. Prior to joining the firm, Dustin was briefly in private practice in Mississippi, primarily focusing his practice in commercial dispute resolution and litigation matters.
- Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- Mississippi State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Mississippi College School of Law (2015)
J.D., magna cum laude
Certificate in Civil Law Studies
- Louisiana College (2012)
B.S., Public Administration, magna cum laude
Law School Awards
Scholarships and Writing Awards:
- Recipient: 2014 Bradley Arant Rose & White LLP Academic Scholarship Award for Excellence in Writing
- Recipient: 2014 Best Overall Appellee Brief Award, 2014 Copeland Cook Taylor & Bush Appellate Advocacy Competition
National Moot Court Awards:
- Finalist: 2014 Judge Conrad B. Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
- Semifinalist: 2014 Fifth Circuit/Texas State Bar Association Elliot Cup Regional Moot Court Competition
- Octofinalist: 2015 Judge Conrad B. Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition
Best Paper/AmJur Awards
- Legal Research I
- Legal Writing II
- Appellate Advocacy
Dustin is an active speaker on complex litigation and mass tort matters. Most recently, Dustin has spoken and presented at the following events:
- Visiting Teacher and Panel Member, Complex Litigation: Plaintiff Perspective, Baylor Law School Executive LLM Litigation Management, November 2019 On-Campus Session (1:30pm – 5:00pm), Waco, TX (November 11, 2019).
- Panel Member, Rapid Fire Mass Tort Update, 19th Annual Class Action/Complex Litigation Symposium, Louisiana State Bar Association Seminar No. 0250191108, Windsor Court Hotel, Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, LA (November 8, 2019).
- Panel Member, Getting Out of the Starting Block: Key Jurisdictional Considerations for Maritime Practitioners, 26th Annual Admiralty Symposium, Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, LA (September 13, 2019).
- Panel Member, Rapid Fire Mass Tort Landscape Updates II, HarrisMartin’s MDL Conference: Critical Developments in Mass Torts, MDLs, and Game-Changing Jurisprudence, The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, LA (May 29, 2019).
- Panel Member, Key Mass Tort Issues, HarrisMartin’s MDL Conference: An Analysis of Today’s Mass Tort Landscape, The Westin Georgetown, Washington, D.C. (March 27, 2019).
- Panel Member, Complex Litigation Witnesses, HarrisMartin’s MDL Conference: The Mass Tort Litigation Landscape – A Critical Analysis, The Westin Verasa Napa, Napa, CA (Sept. 26, 2018).
- Panel Member, E-Discovery: Mastering the Document Intensive Case, HarrisMartin’s MDL Conference: The Mass Tort Litigation Landscape – A Critical Analysis, The Westin Verasa Napa, Napa, CA (Sept. 26, 2018).
- Panel Member, What Admiralty Practitioners Need to Know About Personal Jurisdiction, Louisiana State Bar Association, 25th Annual Admiralty Symposium, Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, LA (September 14, 2018).
- Panel Member, Game-Changing Complex Litigation Developments including Post BMS Jurisdictional Landscape, Multi-Plaintiff Trials, Preemption, Deposing CEOs and Addressing Apex Defenses, Spoliation and the Associated Preservation Obligations, and Testimony Via Satellite at Trial, HarrisMartin’s MDL Conference: ‘Bet-the-Company’ Mass Tort Litigation, The Peninsula Chicago, Chicago, IL (May 30, 2018).
- Panel Member, Preemption, 17th Annual Class Action/Complex Litigation Symposium, Louisiana State Bar Association Seminar No. 0250171116, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, New Orleans, LA (Nov. 10, 2017).
- Panel Member, Struggling with the Production and Discovery of Electronically Stored Information; Predictive Coding vs. Search Terms, 16th Annual Class Action/Complex Litigation Symposium, Louisiana State Bar Association Seminar No. 0250161111, Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, LA (Nov. 11, 2016).
- Panel Member, Key Jurisdictional Considerations for Maritime Practitioners, 27th Annual Admiralty Symposium, Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, LA (Virtual) (September 18, 2020)
- Save the Students, Save the World: How Bankruptcy Could Help Correct the Inequitable Intrusion of For-Profit Colleges Into Higher Education (33 MISS. C. L. REV. 401)
- Quoted in: COOK COUNTY RECORD, “Trial lawyer panel: Plaintiffs’ lawyers adapting strategies to fit post-BristolMyersSquibb legal landscape” (May 30, 2018), available at CookCountyRecord.com.
- Quoted in: LEGAL NEWSLINE, “No quit in trial bar after SCOTUS ruling, still filing lawsuits in favorite courts” (June 4, 2018), available at LegalNewsLine.com.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- National Order of Barristers, 2015 Inductee
- National Order of Scribes, 2015 Inductee
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Recognized by The National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 member.
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
Contact Our Office Today
Located in the central Louisiana city of Alexandria, our office is convenient to residents of Texas and Mississippi as well as all Louisianans. Fill out the form on this page to connect with us and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your case. No claim is too big or too small for us to handle with personal attention and skill.