Dawn M. ChmielewskiWe Service Alexandria and the Entire State of Louisiana
Louisiana Complex Litigation Lawyer
Dawn M. Chmielewski – Complex Litigation Attorney
Dawn Chmielewski is a native and lifelong resident of Cleveland, Ohio, a city famous for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Dawn was always fascinated by the law but followed her mother’s footsteps and went into the nursing field. She attended the University of Akron and received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree in 1996. She later decided to combine her two passions when she realized she could use her nursing background to focus on the practice areas she’s most passionate about: pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. Dawn attended law school at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, and while studying for her degree she worked full time as a nurse in the Emergency Department at Cleveland Clinic. Dawn graduated magna cum laude with her Juris Doctor in 2004.
Prior to her employment at the firm, Dawn worked as a registered nurse at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation for approximately eight years. She was also employed by Climaco, Wilcox, Peca, Tarantino & Garofoli, Co. LPA as the head of Climaco’s Department of Pharmaceuticals and Defective Medical Devices for almost ten years.
Dawn joined Neblett, Beard & Arsenault in 2013 and utilizes both her nursing and legal backgrounds to fight for justice for her clients. Dawn was an active member of the Actos (Pioglitazone) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2299) trial team, which resulted in a $9,001,475,000.00 unanimous verdict. She was also an active member of the Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation in Dallas, TX (MDL 2244) trial team. Dawn participated in four multi-plaintiff bellwether trials in the DePuy Pinnacle MDL, which resulted in jury verdicts totaling more than $1.75 billion.
Not surprisingly, Dawn stated that if she weren’t an attorney, she would be a nurse! When she’s not practicing law, Dawn enjoys reading, traveling, and cheering on her favorite teams – Ohio State football, and every Cleveland sports team.
- Dawn has an adorable Bichon Frise named Snowball.
- She’s also met former President Barack Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Ohio – All State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
Relevant Experience in Complex Cases
- In re: Actos (Pioglitazone) Product Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2299, Western District of Louisiana
- In re Mirena IUD Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2434, Southern District of New York
- In re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2244, Northern District of Texas
- In re Pradaxa (Dabigatran Etexilate) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2385, Southern District of Illinois
- Fosamax Product Liability Litigation, Consolidated Case No. 282 Superior Court of New Jersey Law Division: Atlantic City
- In Re: Guidant Corp. Implantable Defribrillators Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1708, District of Minnesota
- In re: Vioxx Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1657, Eastern District of Louisiana
- In re: Serzone Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1477, Northern District of Ohio
- In re: Welding Fume Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1535, Northern District of Ohio
- In re: Oral Sodium Phosphate Solution Based Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2066 Northern District of Ohio
- In re Bextra & Celebrex Marketing Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation , MDL 1699 Northern District of California
- In re: Digitek Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1968 Southern District of West Virginia
- In re: Propulsid Products Liability Litigation MDL 1355 Eastern District of Louisiana
- Boyd v. Lincoln Electric Co. 179 Ohio App.3d 559 (Ohio App. 8 Dist. 2008)
- Tamraz v. Lincoln Elec. Co. 620 F.3d 665 (6th Cir. 2010)
- Darvocet: The Science, January 14, 2011, New Orleans, LA
- The Science of Darvon and Darvocet, March 29, 2011, San Diego, CA
- Actos: Recent Studies and Regulatory Actions, September 8, 2011, AAJ Teleseminar
- Actos: Litigation Status, January 25, 2012, Miami, FL
- Pradaxa: Where is this Litigation Headed?, July 25, 2012, Cleveland, OH
- Actos Science, July 28, 2012, AAJ Summer Convention, Chicago, IL
- Mirena IUD, November 28, 2012, Dallas, TX
- Mirena: Status of the Litigation, February 5, 2013, AAJ Teleseminar
- Mirena: Science and Case Selection, March 20, 2013, San Diego, CA
- Preparing your Expert Witness, November 21, 2014, New Orleans, LA
- Intersection of Science and the Law, November 13, 2015, New Orleans, LA
- Complex Litigation Gumbo, Moderator, May 25, 2016, Chicago, IL
- MDL Steering Committee Appointments; Structure and Leadership; What’s the Plan B? – MDL Alternatives, November 11, 2016, New Orleans, LA
- Preemption, November 10, 2017, New Orleans, LA
- Framing Jury Themes for Women’s Health Litigation, May 30, 2018, Chicago, IL
- Special Masters Managing Mass Torts, September 25, 2018, Napa, California
- Rapid Fire Mass Tort Landscape Updates I: Hips, May 29, 2019, New Orleans, LA
Managing MDLs Along With Its Chaos, November 8, 2019, New Orleans, LA
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law; Cleveland, Ohio; 2004
- B.S.N., University of Akron; Akron, Ohio; 1996
Contact Our Office Today
Located in the central Louisiana city of Alexandria, our office is convenient to residents of Texas and Mississippi as well as all Louisianans. Fill out the form on this page to connect with us and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your case. No claim is too big or too small for us to handle with personal attention and skill.