Patients with mesothelioma can greatly extend their lives if they receive specialized care from cancer doctors who are experienced in the type and nature of these tumors. While there are many cancer centers nationwide, the one you choose can affect the rest of your life, so it is vital to do your research before accepting treatment.
Top Five Mesothelioma Treatment Centers in America
Most medical centers have a cancer treatment facility, but not all doctors have experience or success in treating asbestos-related cancers. Larger hospitals are more likely to offer specialized mesothelioma care, such as clinical trials, on-site surgery and chemotherapy, and research departments committed to mesothelioma intervention. All of these resources increase the chances of extending a patient’s lifespan and increasing quality of life.
The most highly-rated mesothelioma treatment centers in the country include:
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital International Mesothelioma Program in Boston, Massachusetts. The Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) partners with the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Harvard Medical School to provide comprehensive cancer care. This institution founded the International Mesothelioma Program (IMP) in 2002 to educate patients and families and improve the prognosis for mesothelioma patients. Many faculty members specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses, and the hospital offers numerous research programs and clinical trials.
- Ochsner Cancer Institute in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Ochsner Cancer Institute provides multidisciplinary oncology care, as well as employing a large team of oncology nurses, research staff, and social workers to treat the condition and symptoms of cancer patients. The hospital is a network of several locations and focuses on improving treatment options for patients with pleural mesothelioma. Clinical trials are performed through the Ochsner Community Clinical Oncology Program, helping doctors and patients develop new cancer treatments.
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. This facility has routinely been voted one of the best hospitals in the country for cancer care. The Department of Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology has a dedicated mesothelioma program using chemotherapy and targeted radiation therapy improve outcomes for patients with pleural mesothelioma. The hospital’s research department is well-funded, giving patients the benefit of emerging forms of treatment through clinical trials.
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute in Tampa, Florida. The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center works to develop new and improve existing treatments for mesothelioma patients. In its Mesothelioma Research and Treatment Center, doctors and patients work together to develop the best multidisciplinary treatment plan, including the option of intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and specialized clinical trials.
- UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles. This clinic at the University of California in Los Angeles has been internationally recognized for its cancer research and treatment programs. The hospital’s Comprehensive Mesothelioma Program and Lung Cancer Program are dedicated to developing new surgical and post-surgical options for patients.
Top-Rated Mesothelioma Treatment Centers in Your State
Mesothelioma doctors know that the condition and the treatment are both equally complex, and treatment must begin as early as possible for the prognosis to be good. As mesothelioma is a relatively rare form of cancer, patients often need to travel many miles in order to get treatment from a specialist. In an effort to help patients get the care they need quickly, we have compiled a list of the most reputable cancer centers and mesothelioma programs in each state.
University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center‘s Mesothelioma Treatment Section, Birmingham.
Montgomery Cancer Center, Montgomery.
Providence Alaska Medical Center, Anchorage.
Alaska Cancer Treatment Center, Anchorage.
University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson.
Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Scottsdale.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock.
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Little Rock.
UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles.
University of California Medical Center at Mt. Zion, San Francisco.
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora.
Hartford Hospital Thoracic Oncology Program, Hartford.
The Robert & Eolyne Tunnell Cancer Center at Beebe Healthcare, Rehoboth Beach.
Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu.
Kootenai Clinic Cancer Services, Coeur d’Alene.
The Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indianapolis.
St. Vincent Cancer Care, Indianapolis.
Nylen Cancer Center Mesothelioma Treatment Section, Sioux City.
University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas City.
Markey Cancer Center at University of Kentucky, Lexington.
Ochsner Cancer Institute, New Orleans.
Tulane Cancer Center, New Orleans.
Maine Medical Center Cancer Institute, Scarborough.
University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore.
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston.
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit.
Mayo Cancer Center, Rochester.
University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center, Minneapolis.
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson.
Siteman Cancer Center, St. Louis.
Kansas City Cancer Center, Kansas City.
Montana Cancer Center, Missoula.
Benefis Health System Sletten Cancer Institute, Great Falls.
University of Nebraska’s Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, Omaha.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada, Henderson.
Sierra Nevada Cancer Center, Carson City.
Payson Center for Cancer Care, Concord.
Rutger’s Cancer Institute of New Jersey, New Brunswick.
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset, Somerville.
University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center, Albuquerque.
Presbyterian Cancer Care, Rio Rancho.
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York.
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York.
Altru Cancer Center, Grand Forks.
Sanford Health Cancer Care Center, Bismarck.
Samaritan Regional Cancer Center, Corvallis.
University of Pittsburg Medical Center, Pittsburgh.
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia.
Lifespan Cancer Institute, Providence.
Fatima Hospital, North Providence.
MUSC Hollings Cancer Center, Charleston.
Cancer Institute of Greenville Health System, Greenville.
Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center, Sioux Falls.
Sanford USD Medical Center, Sioux Falls.
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville.
Baptist Cancer Center, Memphis.
Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City.
Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center, Bennington.
University of Vermont Cancer Center, Burlington.
University of Virginia Cancer Center, Charlottesville.
UWMC Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle.
Swedish Cancer Institute, Issaquah.
Wheeling Hospital’s Schiffler Cancer Center, Wheeling.
Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital, Beckley.
Wyoming Medical Center, Casper.
Welch Cancer Center, Sheridan.
A cancer diagnosis is a frightening occurrence that can affect the rest of a person’s life, especially if a patient does not have access to the very best treatment. For this reason, our law firm takes the burden of uncertainty and financial distress from victims who are struggling with mesothelioma. The attorneys at Neblett, Beard & Arsenault serve mesothelioma clients on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t charge for our services until after your claim is settled. If we win your case, we receive a portion of your settlement as our fee. If we are not able to secure a recovery, you will not owe us anything.
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, we can help you get the compensation you need for your medical treatments, travel, and pain and suffering. Simply fill out the contact form on this page to schedule a free consultation, or call us at (318) 541-8188. To learn more about options, order our free eBook, Mesothelioma and Your Legal Rights.