Let’s End Distracted Driving Giveaway
Neblett, Beard and Arsenault, LLC is solely responsible for selecting and/or notifying the winner, awarding the prize, and facilitating the promotion/sweepstakes.
1. PROMOTION DATES
- The Let’s End Distracted Driving Giveaway (“Promotion”) will begin on August 29th, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. CST and end on Monday, January 20th, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. CST.
- The deadline for entries is Friday, January 3rd, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) CST – two weekends prior to the AFC Championship game when the winner will be selected. The NFL selects game start times.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in in the State of Louisiana with a valid Louisiana Driver’s License. Employees and partners of Neblett, Beard and Arsenault, LLC (the “Neblett Firm”) and each of their respective members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or residents of the households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Neblett Firm will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Neblett Firm will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):
VIA INTERNET – Visit NBALawFirm.com to participate in the “Let’s End Distracted Driving Giveaway.” Complete the Distracted Driving quiz on NBALawFirm.com for your chance to enter. Follow the links and instructions to enter and submit your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, Louisiana Driver’s license number and a valid email address in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry but subject to the Eligibility Restrictions set forth above. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Multiple entries are not permitted to share the same email address. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Neblett Firm. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- Only one internet entry per person and only one entry per email address per week are permitted. Additionally, a person may only be selected for one box or square on the football square scorecard and, once selected, subsequent submissions by that person or that e-mail address will not be considered.
4. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Contest winner will receive one (1) 2019 CHEVROLET CRUZE LS valued at approximately $19,145.
- Contestants may enter weekly for a chance to be added to the final list of finalists. The number of entries each week will vary, altering the odds of becoming a finalist from one week to the next. Once 100 finalists are selected, the names will be assigned at random to a football square scoreboard. The winner will be determined by the final score of the AFC championship game with the person winning having the box or square on the football square scorecard with that final score. Based on these qualifications, each contestant has the same odds of winning.
- Finalists and the winner do not need to listen, watch or be present to be selected. They will be notified based on the information submitted in their e-mail registration.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Neblett Firm may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Neblett Firm with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Weekly finalists, entered into the final 100 football square scoreboard will be selected on a weekly basis. Finalists will be announced, weekly on Sunday Nights during “KALB’s Weekend Edition” news broadcast following NBC’s Sunday Night Football. Five finalists will be selected, each week, with the exception of the last week of November and December, when 10 finalists will be selected for each of those weeks. If for any given week there are not enough entries to select the five (or ten if possible) finalists, then the open spots will be added to and selected the following week. The finalists will be notified through their e-mail address that they provided upon registration. At the end of football season, all 100 weekly finalists will be placed, at random, on a football square scorecard and numbers to complete the board will be randomly drawn by a disinterested third party prior to the start of the AFC Championship game on January 19th, 2020. The disinterested person shall not be a participant in the Promotion nor will any of its employees or any of their respective members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or residents of the households (whether related or not). The outcome of the AFC Championship game will determine the winner with the person winning having the box or square on the football square scorecard with that final score. That final winner will be notified on or before Monday, Jan. 20th, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. CST
- Winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, publicity release, and/or guest/traveling companion release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner(s) may be chosen by the Neblett Firm by a random drawing not based on the final score. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and release, publicity release, and/or guest/traveling companion release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. An entrant who provides a mobile wireless number in connection with a promotion, including by entering via text message or providing a mobile number for winner notification purposes, is responsible for informing the Neblett Firm if his or her number is reassigned to another person at any time before the end of the Promotion set forth in Section I.a. of these rules, and for providing an alternative number where he or she may be reached.
- The winner(s) will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. The prize certificate will not be mailed to the winner(s) without the winner’s or winners’ prior written consent in which the winner(s) shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Neblett Firm, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. The prize vehicle may be picked up at the law offices of Neblett, Beard and Arsenault, 2220 Bonaventure Ct, Alexandria, LA 71301, during normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Neblett Firm in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Neblett Firm in their sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the Neblett Firm, its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Neblett Firm may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Neblett Firm any required release.
- The Neblett Firm, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Neblett Firm’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Neblett Firm further reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Neblett Firm’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Neblett Firm in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any firm website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Neblett Firm reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Neblett Firm’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Neblett Firm, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Neblett Firm reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Neblett Firm’s control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
- the Federal Arbitration Act applies to this agreement, and if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law) before AAA subject to their rules and procedures;
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
- any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- any claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of Louisiana, without regard to the conflicts of laws of Louisiana;
- if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding or arising from the Promotion or these Official Rules proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial and the court proceeding shall be in Louisiana.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to the Let’s End Distracted Driving Giveaway Winner List or Official Rules Request, to Neblett, Beard and Arsenault, 2220 Bonaventure Ct, Alexandria, LA 71301. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available by printing a copy of the Official Rules from the link on the internet when participants enrolled as well as being available during regular business hours at the law offices of the Neblett Firm. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
7. OFFICIAL RULES
By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Sponsor(s): Neblett, Beard and Arsenault, LLC. 2220 Bonaventure Ct, Alexandria, LA 71301, (318) 561-2500 www.NBALawFirm.com